I am utterly and totally confused. I have 3 wonderful ideas for 3 very different ventures and they all excite me at some level. Interestingly, the few people I have discussed them with also love the ideas. The trouble is I do not know which one to go for or if to go for any. I want to do all of them and at the same time I want to do none of them because I face some very real challenges when I actually get down to the brass tacks.
- The ideas don’t overlap in any manner and so it is possible to do all three (theoretically, since I am neither super-human nor do I have 536 hours in a day).
- Each idea caters to a different target audience.
- Each idea fills a different need.
- No one else seems to be doing these things.
- I have a ready market waiting to be tapped.
- I can make a difference.
- I can make a decent living from all of them.
- Lack of experience: I have absolutely no idea how to do business and what it takes. The only thing I have ever done in this regard is incorporated a private company for someone else. Also, they are all web-based and I am fairly technologically illiterate in this regard.
- Lack of capital: I have no money to either engage in these ventures or to support me while I wait for them to turn profitable or support themselves.
- Labour-intensive: They require a lot of work from me while I am starting up. While the work in itself is fine, I will not have time to make money to support continued unemployment.
- I am wary of ‘going corporate’ and dealing with employees and teams etc. For 2 of my ideas, that is absolutely necessary.
- They tie me down. These ventures will take years and are an ongoing commitment- they don’t tie up with my other goals such as backpacking around the world and leading a nomadic life.
- My inherent belief that there is a time and place for everything: I feel as if I am running out of time. There’s so much I want to do and I constantly feel as if I will have no time to accomplish even a small percentage of everything I want to do. For some reason, I believe that now is the time to be nomadic and experiment and explore. I am young and relatively responsibility-free; I can afford to take certain risks.
- I might get sucked into the whole ‘corporate’ thing again and getting out of it will be more difficult because I will not be a mere employee who can just quit and be replaced.
- I am scared that life will catch up with me. Responsibilities will weigh me down, I might get married (*shudder*) and have children (holy shit!) and who knows what else. I might even die in a random accident. Again, the possibilities are endless.
- I might lose interest and then be stuck with something I have no interest in doing.
In other news (completely unrelated), I have signed up to learn juggling later this month. Super-excited. Maybe that will give me some insight on how to juggle various things at the same time. 🙂